746 audio Reviews with Responses

Pancake Pancake

Hm, this isn't so much of a Madness Day submission as it was a submission posted on Madness Day. Oh well, I've committed. I've come to far and I can't stop reviewing now!

Seriously at first though I was like, "Oh yeah, I could hear this in a Madness animation.." Then it got all happy Japanese Cat flipping pancakes and enjoying them for breakfast and I realized that's not what it was.

It's actually a cool representation of what it may sound like to eat pancakes in the morning. If different times of my day had different theme songs, I would likely find this playing Saturday morning eating home made pancakes with my daughter and spouse.

The song itself was a little repetitive, but really catchy. You did a good job all around. Grab a mike, say Pancakes and have it vibe in the background here. Instant breakfast and masterpiece. I never know how to grade audio so unless I disliked the quality I just slap a 4-5 on it. Happy Madness Day!

Infinityofficial responds:

Thanks for the review. In my point of view, this really wasn't meant to be a representation of eating pancakes. I just named it pancake because my boyfriend smelled like pancakes the whole time when I was making this, this was just meant to be a madness day s**tpost

But thanks! And happy Madness Day to you and your family :)

Mystical Woods Mystical Woods

This was a really nice piece. I definitely see it being used in an animation or at the end of a game. The image that it paints in my head is something along the lines of the following.

A kid has just finished an RPG that he's been playing for the last couple of months. He's been so immersed in this universe that he's gotten attached to the characters, almost like their real. He can tell the game is really progressing and is getting towards the end, but it still surprises him when it happens. That's it... the last boss battle... the ending scenes. The credits roll.

The credits start to stroll as scenes of memories and new adventure play along in the background. Warriors can finally relax as they've saved the day, but wait... it can't be the end... I need to know what happens next. The kid sits their in disbelief, almost like he can't believe that it could possible end and he literally has no clue what to do next.

Or something like that, haha.

~ Review Request Club ~

EagleGuard responds:

That's actually really cool story, Fro! I really enjoy reading these kind of interpretations, as it means the music caught the listener's imagination, which is ultimately what I aim for with my music.

I'm glad you enjoyed listening to the piece, and thank you very much for your (fun to read) review!

Black Hole Black Hole

I think it's an alright submission. I'm not sure so much about working so great as a loop since the ending doesn't really transition smoothly into the intro. That being said, it also doesn't work that great as a standalone piece either because of the way it just ends without warning.

It was pretty decent, but seemed to skip and jump around a lot. Especially towards the beginning of the song. The last 10 seconds were so were the complete opposite and seemed very empty in contrast to the rest of it.

Keep working, I'm sure you will grow as a musician and I'll be ready to listen to any future submissions you produce.

~ Review Request Club ~

DJ-Silent responds:

This is an unfinished project and i feel for uploading it to NG, that's why is a bad transition.

shadow dark touches shadow dark touches

Definitely has a dark feel to it and can see how it would be used in a flash animation during the introduction of some scary situation, level, or boss. I think it looped well, but as another reviewer said it sounds a little loud and chaotic.

Toned down just a little bit and a few more seconds added on and this could be a really good loop! Like always though, you get a 5 from me!

NekoMika responds:

Was my first audio piece ever, haha.

End Of A Heartache female cover End Of A Heartache female cover

Cover song?

This is better than the original. People may get confused and think they covered your guys music instead. Seriously, awesome job and she did amazing here.

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Haha, cheers for the kind words. This was a sloppy rendition, musically. However, the live version is accurate. haha. She was awesome on the vox.

Thanks for the review and listen, brother.

Unsaved World Unsaved World

I come back to newgrounds a couple of times a year and I always make sure that one of the things I do is come check out of all your music. It's like I missed out on a lot of new good submissions. You never disappoint. I could just make a playlist with nothing but your songs and I'd be good.

The vocals were cool, I'm excited to see where she grows as she gets more experience recording her voice and you guys work on stuff together.

Keep up the good work.

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Cheers bruddaH. Most excellent to see you still creeping around and listening!!
Badass.

She's killing it, we're doing more live stuff. Can't wait to share it.
Thanks for always coming by. Wish I had a beer for you! hahaha.

Bonds Of Hate Bonds Of Hate

The beginning sounded really familiar. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Awesome lyrics, vocals, etc... I don't need to tell you, you already know. Great job.

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Probably, I'm not a very complex music writer. All the simple stuff has been taken. Just re discovering it on my own...haha. Really glad you like it, brother. Thanks for the listen an review. \m/

electric signals rectify electric signals rectify

This is a decent mix. I kind of got through the song thinking it wasn't anything new or exciting. The first half of the song was pretty repetitive, but it did start to pick up later. The second half of the song was much better.

The staticky/electronic interference noise in the beginning was pretty cool. I wish you would have used more sound effects throughout the song though. That could have really turned things around. I also heard a few spots where some vocals, very simple vocals could have improved this tenfold.

My overall opinion on the end of the song was that it ended very abruptly. It's a shame because the second half was its strong point.

svetjana responds:

Hey you said that this ended very abruptly? But this is not full mix. I cutted this to geometry dash and thatswhy song stopped immediately. So i cutted it fron the start and from the end. Full lenght of this song is 6:50

Where The Madness Lies Where The Madness Lies

Just a little too cheerful to me to be evil, I mean like evil evil because it had that tone for sure, but it just didn't quite make it there. That being said I could vision this being in an old scary sega game or 8-bit flash game during the introduction. It may even make a decent gameplay song in that style of game, but I probably would end up turning my volume off or down after a few play through a.

It really ends abruptly doesn't it? No sort of build up whatsoever or actual ending other then the music just stops. Was it meant to loop around? If not then my biggest critique has to be the abrupt ending.

lokimiah1 responds:

Well, what was ACTUALLY supposed to happen was that the bass was supposed to fade out with the rhythm chords whilst the drums kept playing, but the bass's distortion basically consisted of turning thr Sawtooth wave so loud that it distorted, so it ended up not fading out properly.

Heavy Metal Ringtone Heavy Metal Ringtone

This would be my alarm for waking up in the morning, in fact it may just become that right now after a quick download. I've never been a fan of waken up all cheery and happy anyway. I rather wake up to wanting to beat someone's face in.

(This was uploaded last year on my birthday, nice)

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

That's how I wake up! Every. Day. Good to see you around again! Glad you dug it!