Be a Supporter!

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 130 Fans

730 audio Reviews with Responses

Beyond The Dimension of Hate Beyond The Dimension of Hate

Hows it been?

A nice song man. It's been awhile since I listened to something of yours and it looks like I may have some catching up to. It definitely has the heavy sound that I've been craving lately from my music. The lyrics are great as well my friend.

I don't have the desire to write long reviews like I use to, but when I'm enjoying everything and not finding faults in the song I guess it doesn't really matter!

Rock on

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Glad you dig, brother... Not necessary to write long reviews. I don't. It takes away from the listen-ability of the tune...appreciatory reviews are even better than critique.. You enjoyed, then it's mission accomplished on my end. haha

Glad to see you, out and about, dude. Thanks for the review!@@.

We wait - BMI SoK We wait - BMI SoK

Do I?

Do I have permission to use this song for games/movies and what not?

By the way, this is quality. Radio, concert, and you'll be famous someday type of quality. Keep it up and don't choke brother.

Sonofkirk responds:

You know you can always use my stuff! Thanks for the review bro, it's been ages I haven't checked my newgrounds account, glad to find a review from you :)) Don't choke.

[dB] Heroes -Banquet- [dB] Heroes -Banquet-

Woah, 0 bombers stop and think first.

Well, Here it is, the second song to the Heroes Series. I've really been waiting for it for what seems like forever. I have to say, I prefer this one to the other one to be honest. It has more cheerfullness to it and just a very happy theme all in all.

It's 4 minutes and 30 seconds long, which is slightly less than the previous one, but it has more feeling and emotion in it in my opinion. Four minutes is about the right amount of time for a song like this. A little less and you really don't build up to what you need and a little more and you kind of get bored with the song.

It sounds like you used a whole lot of soundfonts. You know the ones found by blackattackbitch and put into a thread called '3.5 GB of orchestral soundfont'? It really is amazing if you're one a budget because they're all free!

Aha, ok I'll get ot be serious. (Got bored. I was actually going to do it to the entire review) I think that you did a great job here. I turned my computer all the way up and really enjoyed this one. I can see it being set in medievil times in some sort of old RPG game for the playstation.

A cool song all along and you'd have to be silly not to enjoy it.

Decibel responds:

You Know what, you're extremely awesome =)

I'm actually really glad you like this one more, that means you heard the other one =) Yeah, it is quite happy, isn't it? =D

Oh, Just realized you were joking in the first three paragraphs :P

I'm really, really glad you like it, The only reason I make music is to satisfy you guys =D

Thanks again

[deciBel]

Skwintz (AfroJack) Skwintz (AfroJack)

Hm, different for sure.

Perhaps it only seems different to me because I've never heard of AfroJack or anything that he's created. So I can't really enjoy it like those afrojack loverz will also luv it....

Anyway, it had a pretty cool sound to it. It seems like it was lacking in some department, but I can't exactly put my finger on it. It seemed liked parts here and there were just off by a little and perhaps some sounds weren't exactly fitting. Like I said though I couldn't put my finger on it.

Maybe I should check out this Afro fellow. Fro's should always stick together, but chances are I won't and it's even unlikely that I run across the name ever again.

Mans0n responds:

look up afrojack on youtube. you wont miss him!

.:The Turkish Tango:. .:The Turkish Tango:.

I agree with Steph's review. :P

This 7 is more of a 6.5 in my opinion. It's a neat song to listen to, but something about it just seems very odd. It's like when everything comes together (notice I have no technical terms because I don't know the technical stuff about music) it just seems very out of place and awkward.

I kind of like where you said, "I don't expect everyone to like it, as this is hard for the ears." :P It's not that it was hard on the ears, but it was very different. It's probably only seems out of place to it's listeners because it's not really something we've heard before.

While it does seem to be a little off it seems fitting to be used in small portion of flash games or movies. Perhaps during a time of anguish or in a dangerous situation. (That might seem weird though because a Tango is usually about fun and/or love and this song doesn't seem to fit that theme)

camoshark responds:

Thanks for the great review, Fro!

The odd progression chord (because that's what's it's called) was meant for this very purpose. I probably should have mentioned it in the author's comment, but the song was created to feel wierd, disturbing at some point, because I was using the most awkward chord movements possible.

It just so happened I managed to make it sound almost decent for most part, but the out of place feel was kept to keep that modal feel, wich is when a progression move around following no particular structure or key.

Actually, when I mentioned it was hard to the ears, I was actually refering to non-initiated ears, those wich cannot truly get what the hell is going on.

I'm happy you still found some good in the song, it proves people here aren't closed to that kind of music, and it proves I'm not going totally in a bad direction with this song.

Thanks again for the review!

Cheers,
Samuel Hébert

Tomb of the Unknown Warrior Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

Review

This one seemed a tad bit rushed. There was one part that I had thought you messed up on, but after listening to it again the pause was actually fitting and correct. I just noticed that in your author comments you say, "in the presence of King George V", but in the audio submission you add "his majesty." Maybe you want to include that in the quote in the author comments, it through me off when I was reading along.

A good voicing here, but I think that adding some background music could really help. (I'm sure I'll say the same thing on your other piece) I don't know if maybe there is an official song that already goes with this or if you could have find a small tidbit from the newgrounds audio portal. I envision something sadder, slower, and ambient quietly playing in the background.

Coop responds:

You know, I never really noticed that I added "his majesty" on it. Not that it really makes that much of a difference here... I hope.

The idea behind it was to rip off Ben Miller's bumbling historian character, that always seems to break stuff in various circumstances. I wasn't going to the joke, just for the wonderful voice that he has.

That and releasing two audio pieces in a day with the same voice of mine would have been a little too much.

ThePigeonMaster's Theme ThePigeonMaster's Theme

Awesome!

The vocals, where did you get the vocals? They really go with the song really good! In fact, it would be awesome if you used them throughout the song. Well... throughout the song... if it were a little more than thirty nine seconds long. It does loop really good though.

The guitar is really awesome in this piece. The drums are pretty simple, but do add to the song overall. The sound effects really add to this piece as well. I think you could take the guitar of this and make it into a much darker heavy metal song with a little tweaking. You might want to revisit what you did here someday.

Anyway, it's been a long time and I felt like reviewing a piece of audio today so I figured I'd drop by and give you a review as a way of saying hi.

Sonofkirk responds:

I got the vocals from some kind of software on the internet that will say things that you type, and you can choose the type of voice you want (male female old young etc...). I typed "the pigeon master" and I recorded it and then I edited it to make it sound louded, fuller and also to get that " the pi, the pi, the pi, the pigeon master!" :D.

It's really short yeah, I tried to compose a longer version of it but I didn't do anything convincing. After some thoughts, I hardly see this piece as a full length song, I like the catchy side to it :).

Anyway thanks a lot for the review and saying hi, catch you on msn soon! :)

Encore (PRE) Encore (PRE)

A nice song

I kind of have mixed and confused feelings about this song. I've heard many songs that were both happy and sad at the same time, but this just didn't seem to be blended together very well. It starts off as sad, keeps the hint of sadness throughout it, and introduces the happiness a little bit later, but like I said it just didn't seem to mix right in this case. (In my opinion, it was the time around 2:20 that didn't mix from there on)

I really don't have much to say about the song. I thought it was a pretty relaxing song to listen to all around and that it had that I can see why one would call it beautiful for sure.

I'm not too impressed with the silent ending followed with a few random notes. It just sounded really out of place in my opinion.

TheUprising1 responds:

Thanks for the review!
Well, it's supposed to fade to a lighter mood - not exactly happiness, how you put it, but at least away from the melancholic theme. Some people seem to think it works while others like you don't, so I guess it's an opinion thing.. I'll see if I can change anything, though.
The ending is like this just because my program decided not to export the strings in the ending, leaving the piano by itself. I fixed that in my final version but for some reason didn't reupload. Will do that when I'm back at home.

- TheUprising

[BD] - Gearing Up [BD] - Gearing Up

Epic in the correct manner.

Not epic in the lame internet term, but in it's proper meaning of impressively great, big, elevated in style, etc... I can see this being used in a professional movie during an opening scene or during the credits. (Short song for the credits though) I hope some people check this out because it's definitely something that would be great for a flash animation or game.

If used in a menu I can envision a loop of some of the key points from the flash. Something that I could see myself using, but for some reason there was just something missing from it. What that thing was... I have no clue, but maybe it's just not exactly the sound that I'm looking for.

The song has great quality all around and it sounds like you've done a great job on it all in all.

BrokenDeck responds:

I am thinking that a percussion instrument, like snares, might be needed... but you might be right. Thanks for the lengthy in-depth review man!

Misty Night Misty Night

I can see where SeeD419 is coming from.

The song was almost annoying to listen to when using headphones. When I first started listening it was normal, it kind of gets quiet here and there to the point where I have to turn my volume up, but then it gets so loud that my ears feel like their going to pop and bleed! I proceed to turn the volume down and then it gets quiet enough where I can't hear it very well again. :P

Anyway, I hope this doesn't sound too harsh to you, but my overall opinion on this submission is that it sounds very generic and it's pretty rough around the edges. Voices, vocals, sound effects, a bit more variety (other then the great variety that you had in the volume....) and anything else that may make this a little bit different.

I feel that somebody would/could use this in a flash if the volume issue was fixed. Good luck in the Halloween competition.

Jaspeer responds:

Well thanks anyway :)
In my opinion that was a top class review :)

Ill re up-load right away, with the volume changes much better.