the robot fight 2 the robot fight 2

Well, I haven't made a stop action in many years, but even as a younger kid I think all of mine turned out slightly better. I don't quite like the camera angle or distance at all. I'd get it much closer so you can see more details and and get a flatter angle. It was pretty choppy, so I'd recommend to keep practicing on your skills and a stop actioner.

The best advice that I can give to you is not to just go ahead and make a small fight scene. It's great for practice, but put some detail into it. You don't even need a plot, but this short of a film just won't do to anyone.

Slow down a bit and for god sakes keep yourself out of the shot! I can can't just as many shots of somebody in the picture as I can count them out of it. There's a time when you move the entire desk thing that the robots are on as well.

The biggest and by far easiest thing that you could do to improve on this though is to add sound. It really is the easiest thing you could do and would have improved even this choppy little short ten fold. Background music, voices, and sound effects are essential when making a stop motion.

Wales and Gary Wales and Gary

Aha! Very nice my friend!

~ Animation/Graphics ~

You had a very nice style of art in this submission. Everything was pretty clean cut and very visually pleasing to the eye. The animation was very smooth and I couldn't find any faults in it. I also loved the use of color. Everything just looked really awesome.

~ Story/Content ~

It didn't take to long to make me laugh in this submission. I ended up laughing at most of it to be completely honest. You have a good sense of humor and I may just check out some of your other flash submissions if you have anything like this. The characters could have a series made out of them in my opinion.

The only downfall of the entire submission is how it ended. I was hoping that it kept going on for a little longer with some more jokes, but it kind of ended in a not so funny meh kind of way. :(

~ Audio ~

The voice acting was superb and there was literally no interference with the microphone. All of the music/sound effects were just perfect for the submission. This part of the flash was very well down all around.

~ Overall ~

A very good flash, but I just wish it didn't end so abruptly. I was hoping for some more quick jokes and a funny battle scene.

R.O.C. Ep002 R.O.C. Ep002

Hey, I noticed the fridge in the background.

~ Comments~

Other than that I didn't like it. In fact, the only reason that I didn't give you a zero is because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were actually trying to create something entertaining and funny instead of spamming something bad on purpose. You just really hit and miss here.

~ Animation/Graphics ~

I would consider them good, but you really did nothing here right? I mean even when people use sprites they do more work, tweening, fbf, placement of the graphics, etc..., but this was basically you putting words into a program and then the program did everything? At least that's how I'm seeing it.

~ Story/Graphics ~

I think this may be somewhat funny to some of the 5th graders that I taught and apparently one of the reviewers down below... I guess it may just be an opinion, but little elementary level humor doesn't usually make people laugh. This was a major step below things like South Park, Family Guy, and other shows like that. Those at least make me laugh, but this was seriously like someone took a decent idea and removed 90 percent of the humor out of it. Perhaps it's because of the lacking emotion that I'll talk about shortly below.

~ Audio ~

With a simple program you could have easily had real voices put over this video along with some sort of dramatic background music. The lack of emotion really doesn't help this already poor submission's case. In fact, it might have been exactly what this piece needed to get a couple of points out of me. I would have had the same effect just reading this as text as I would these voices talking out the little skit.

~ Overall ~

I'm sure I'm with the majority of the people when I say create something yourself, rethink what the majority of people actually find funny at the average age on newgrounds, and find some voices not made by a computer or robot.

ninjadezombidetueur responds:

ummm, i agree with your hypothesis of how this non-animated-by-me-animation is a general piece of shit.

Wasting Bullets Wasting Bullets

This game looked really great. Did KMiles do the art or did you? It's really awesome.

This game was really hard and frustrating to me. I wanted to rage quit at all times, but something made me want to keep coming back and trying again. I agree with other reviewers that once you get close to an enemy you can randomly die sometimes and it isn't quite polished up the way it should have been, but what can I expect from something that only took 48 hours to make?

Great job all around.

MonoFlauta responds:

Thanks Fro for the review!
The art was made by KMiles and yes, I really liked how it turned out!
About the randomly die thing, it was my bad, the position of the player is being updated but the graphic it isn't. So, it is not unfair, just not well informed to the player.
Thanks once again for the review! Hope you are doing well :)

Endless Dungeon Endless Dungeon

Not to sound like a broken records from the reviews you've already heard, but this would be much better if there was just a little bit more interactivity. I won't harp on that too much though because it's pretty obvious that it was meant to be a passive game. Still, only a very small percent of the game I'm finding a complete lack of motivation to try and continue playing this. Even in passive games usually the achievements/medals are enough to keep me going and you kind of get that sense of accomplishment when you finally do get all of the achievements, but I just don't get it with this game.

The 8-bit style of art is nice. Maybe a little bit of animation would be nice, but it's not really necessary with the style. Even though it's nice to look at, most of the time I end of going to a different tab or even end up writing a review of this game.

With almost every character I haven't really failed by spreading the points out equally between armor, health, and damage. Perhaps I just haven't tried the key characters that doesn't work with, but it's worked every time so far and every time I start to go away from this path I end up losing and having to use a life.

I find it really odd that the speed goes down when all of the other stats go up. At first I assumed it was an error, but maybe it represents a time in between attacks? I think it would have been better if you would have just gone with the flow and made it go up like the other stats.

Overall, a little boring even for a passive game. I'm not sure what you could do to make it a bit more exciting. A small bit of animation, a cut scene, boss battles every ten levels, some voices, etc... At the end of the day I'll probably try and unlock the next character I'm currently working on, but there really isn't anything making me want to come back to finish it.

Blobzone responds:

Thanks for the review. Speed is your attack speed in milliseconds. So 150= 1,5 seconds etc.

I am being honest. The game was supposed to be way bigger with a story mode, boss battles etc etc but i got really lazy and abandoned the project. Last week i thought: Why not just finish it somehow as it is and publish it? So yeah.... maybe when i am in the mood in the near future i will make the game as it was supposed to be :D

About the graphics. I am really not a good painter (and especially animator) as you can see. So you really could say thats one of my better "artworks" but i dont mind if people feel otherwise :)

Still thanks for playing so far.

Greetings!

Hero Agency Hero Agency

I thought this was a nice little game to play. I'm oddly addicted to passive games even though I never really see the point in them. :P I guess it's the medals/achievements that keep you coming back and wanting to play them.

My first run through I basically played with no strategy. I bought heroes as soon as they appeared, no matter how much they cost and I just purchased upgrades randomly. The second time through I played with some strategy and if anything there was maybe only a 5 minute difference between gameplays with barely any difficulty change. So the game is kind of not challenging no matter what you do. I never used the pause feature on either run through.

I wish the map would have been larger. It may have added an additional challenge if there were several more pages to the map with more adventures as people may have gotten distracted enough to forget to buy potions. I see that you say each character has different effects, but is that obvious anywhere on the screen? Is that information someone can even figure out and use as a strategy or is it just randomized?

The sound, music, and art work was all really fitting for the gameplay. Overall, I enjoyed it, but would have liked to see a little bit more of a challenge and a bit larger map/mission selection.

Bonds Of Hate Bonds Of Hate

The beginning sounded really familiar. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Awesome lyrics, vocals, etc... I don't need to tell you, you already know. Great job.

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Probably, I'm not a very complex music writer. All the simple stuff has been taken. Just re discovering it on my own...haha. Really glad you like it, brother. Thanks for the listen an review. \m/

electric signals rectify electric signals rectify

This is a decent mix. I kind of got through the song thinking it wasn't anything new or exciting. The first half of the song was pretty repetitive, but it did start to pick up later. The second half of the song was much better.

The staticky/electronic interference noise in the beginning was pretty cool. I wish you would have used more sound effects throughout the song though. That could have really turned things around. I also heard a few spots where some vocals, very simple vocals could have improved this tenfold.

My overall opinion on the end of the song was that it ended very abruptly. It's a shame because the second half was its strong point.

svetjana responds:

Hey you said that this ended very abruptly? But this is not full mix. I cutted this to geometry dash and thatswhy song stopped immediately. So i cutted it fron the start and from the end. Full lenght of this song is 6:50

Where The Madness Lies Where The Madness Lies

Just a little too cheerful to me to be evil, I mean like evil evil because it had that tone for sure, but it just didn't quite make it there. That being said I could vision this being in an old scary sega game or 8-bit flash game during the introduction. It may even make a decent gameplay song in that style of game, but I probably would end up turning my volume off or down after a few play through a.

It really ends abruptly doesn't it? No sort of build up whatsoever or actual ending other then the music just stops. Was it meant to loop around? If not then my biggest critique has to be the abrupt ending.

lokimiah1 responds:

Well, what was ACTUALLY supposed to happen was that the bass was supposed to fade out with the rhythm chords whilst the drums kept playing, but the bass's distortion basically consisted of turning thr Sawtooth wave so loud that it distorted, so it ended up not fading out properly.

Devil Girl Devil Girl

It's pretty good all around. The one breast is larger than the other! Something a man like I always notices. It's not natural, or what my programmed mind wants breasts to naturally be, perfectly symmetrical haha.

I thought the line work around the throat, collarbones, and face could have used some work. For example, the nose is shaped a bit odd in my opinion. I also don't like that the color isn't completely filled in. The white spaces in between the red and pink colors sticks out like a sore thumb to me, almost drives me nuts.

The one earring was off enough to to catch my attention. I know I'm getting nick picky, but these are all things throwing my attention away from the main attraction of the picture. It may have been nice to have a slight color in the background to or even a background within itself.

All in all though it's pretty good, far better than I could draw and I agree it has that cool comic book feel to it. Keep on the good work.

me in chibi me in chibi

I refuse to say cute for a couple of reasons.

I'm not calling a picture of a 15 year old boy cute even if it is just a piece of art and also because I don't really find it to be all that cute. I think the better word to use, and this is just my opinion, is dull.

I use the word dull not only to explain the lack of said cuteness, but also because I have no clue what the emotion is. Have you ever knew somebody who had a hard time showing their emotions? I do and on top of being a good person to make fun of it's also a tad annoying when I have no clue if he's happy, sad, angry, joking around, or serious. This picture follows that theme.

The look on his face could mean several things and not being able to put your finger on it can be a tad bit annoying to the person viewing it. Is the character trying to be cute in some way? I hope not because it's a terrible way to position your face if you were. Is he scared of something and he's yelling, is he yelling to a good friend, or is he that kid in the chorus who's nervous so he stands up very stiff and sings quieter than the others. (It looks like the last one so far)

He could also be really surprised or frozen in fear. I think frozen in fear would be the look to go with here. So let's build off of it and see what we can do with this picture. Let's bring up that word dull again and use it in a different way. Can I suggest using it as another word for empty? I always stress this in my reviews. Would you rather see a piece of art with a character with no content around him or a character with a background? I think if you asked that to a general population that the majority would pick having a background.

A background could have showed the emotion on his face. You could have had him in a Christmas theme and we would have known that he was surprised or excited. Put him in a dark environment with shadows or some ghoul and we automatically know that he's scared or frozen in fear.

I think I can envision this piece being in a bedroom with the only light source in the room coming from a small glow outside of a window and the rest emitting from a door that is half way open. The light shines into the room, but is covered by a mysterious and scary shadow, which drapes over a portion of the light like a blanket.

Onto the character itself, the shading could have been a tad bit better, but I actually really like it. A lot of people don't put the time or effort into proper shading and shadowing. Even though I jokingly poked at your character by calling him dull and bland I do find it to be well done. The reflection in the eyes was pretty cool, the proportions makes him look very cartoony, and it's just a neat little guy all around.

Overall it's a nice piece that could really be cool with some extra content and feeling put behind it. Simple things like I suggested can make a piece of "art" into a piece of art quite quickly. Keep on working in your spare time and I'll be interested in what you come up with.

lgnxhll responds:

Thank you, ill keep working on putting a little more into my drawings.Thanks for the citisizem and complements.

Lay off the coke, Garfield! Lay off the coke, Garfield!

I think it needs a lot of work.

It's definitely something that I would title as a sketch and not exactly something that I would want to showcase as my best work. I actually think it's a small level above the old Charlie Brown stuff that I made and it's probably only better because I tried to follow the art style as close as I could and yours has it's own personal touch. (Which is great, I love that you added your own personal touch to this piece, it's the best feature for sure)

All around I feel it's very sloppy, even for a sketch. I don't know if you needed to use pencil for the whole thing, but in my opinion it doesn't really look good. I would have loved to see cleaner thinner lines and shading with colored pencils instead of the normal gray pencil.

The window, the shadow, and the other places that you used a darker shade really don't look good at all. All in all the setting is rough at best and needs to be much neater before you have a good picture. The best thing would have to be the character in the middle even though the one side of his head looks like you messed up pretty bad.

So my overall opinion is that you need to take more time on this. Use thin and neat lines instead of the chicken scratch that you used on the majority of the picture and add some color and shade with the color instead of the black and gray. Those things should give the picture a better look.

Blue-Dolphin responds:

Thanks bro, good to hear actual CONSTRUCTIVE criticism around Newgrounds for a change. But yes, it is a rough sketch, a REALLY rough sketch, I got the idea randomly in class to draw a beloved cartoon character huffing lines of snarsh, so I asked a girl in my class to name a famous cartoon character, and she said 'Garfield' I referred to a screenshot of a Garfield episode for the face features (The lines on the head and all that) but the image came out COMPLETELY different than the reference image itself.

But, the whole 'theme' I guess you'd call it isn't about the art quality, it's more of the story behind it, to show things like people you wouldn't even think twice of ever doing drugs, really do them, or how the government hides the fact that cocaine is widespread across the whole of North America, or whatever you as a person think it represents, I know it's not the most mature image, but it does have some effort in it, not artistically per se, but on a deeper level it can have the ability to turn heads and say "Woah, that's Garfield, and he's doing DRUGS!".

But altogether I spend maybe half an hour on the Garfield, and the table with a 6B pencil (All I had -.-) and I spent not even 5 minutes on the backround with a characoal stick.

But thanks again, Fro :)